Mistakes...


This video shows seven stages of my father's portrait painting process. You will notice that I did a lot of mistakes with colors, and tried so hard to fix them over and over again... Until I came up with a final combination, which unfortunately is not even close to what I had in mind! It's strange and tough. But as my friend Mike said: "Education is a necessary evil", We slowly, painfully yet unmistakably absorb these skills, and sneak in what really provokes our learning: the imagination.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well isn't this just amazing...But Odeh aren't u missing another picture on your blog with a purple background...I was just wondering... :)
I loved the video because it contains a beautiful drawing of a pure heart person...
Keep it going :)

Ala'a Amarin said...

I really like the idea of taking these photos during the time you spend painting it, and putting them after each other shows us how the painting comes to life... and how much effort you spend on painting it.. great painting.. and great music choice.